Job Title: Manager in Training
Apply Now: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and up to 500 words on your background, why you are interested, and why you think you would be a good fit for our Manager In training program.
About This Program
This is not a traditional retail position. We have a business partner mentality and relationship with our store managers - giving them the support to autonomously run and grow their own business.
Our Manager In Training program is designed for hungry individuals who are looking for a lifestyle or career change and are eager to run their own business. Ideal candidates are those who have a business-owner mentality and are seeking managerial and leadership development. They aim to run and grow their own store and participate in fueling a fast-growing company. Details include:
- Three to six month program preparing you to step into a retail management position at S&L
- Monthly stipend and free lodging provided to those during the training period
- Opportunity for six-figure earning potential with relocation opportunity plus benefits
Important: This program is best fit for those who are willing to move, travel, and grow a long-term career with State and Liberty. It is a mutual investment by both parties — this is a highly selective program with the goal of creating a long-term, fruitful career at State & Liberty.
Sequence of The M.I.T. Program
Step 1 - Identify this program is right for you - Are you...
- Unhappy / feel stuck with your current life situation / job role.
- A "people person" who is service oriented and enjoys sales.
- Scrappy and willing to put in hard work to grow.
- Flexible in being able to move and travel - no geographical attachments.
- Eager for a fresh start and a new career pathway.
- Looking to have an opportunity to run and lead your own business.
Step 2 - We put you up in a Tier 1 city for 3 -6 months (I.e. Boston, Miami, Manhattan Beach)
- Monthly stipend and free lodging provided to those during the training period.
- Healthcare/benefits available during this period.
Step 3 - You learn the ins and outs of the business through mentorship and training
- You shadow and learn from one of our current managers and retail teams.
- You learn and come to embody our company values and leadership style.
- You spend time learning the ins and outs of all aspects of the business.
- You dedicate three -six months to becoming a heavy-hitter sales person.
- You learn, develop, and gain managerial experience .
- You are overly curious and ambitious to grow professionally and personally.
Step 4 - You pass the program.
- This program is highly selective and is not going to be easy.
- At the end of the 3-6 months we will conduct an evaluation and present options for your next move within the company (based on the company's needs, your desires, and where we think you can be most successful).
Step 5 - We send you to another city to take a management position
- Whether it is a new store we are opening or a management role in a city where we have an established store, we will find a management position for you after passing the program.
- You work through our set annual growth plan and hit performance milestones for both sales metrics and personal growth/ambition
Step 6 - You grow and become a store manager or take on other leadership positions (opportunity to make 6 figure salary within 3 years)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. State and Liberty Clothing is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. A reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.