Job Title: Director of Wholesale
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be a resourceful, dynamic, hard-working person that is ready to have an immediate impact on supporting and growing the company. This position will be exciting, challenging, urgent, and rewarding on a daily basis. This position is a great first role within a rapidly growing startup with room for advancement as the company grows.
Work Location: This role will be based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. There will be significant time spent at our Ann Arbor headquarters as well as limited opportunity to work remote.
- Build new wholesale partnerships with retailers, with the goal of growing the business.
- Develop relationships with merchandising executives and buyers at large, national retailers. Prospective partners may include large retail chains in the lifestyle and fashion channels.
- Design and drive an efficient new partner sales process, including pipeline tracking and internal reporting, lead qualification, weekly internal sales reviews, and communication to C-Suite.
- Work very closely with functional partners in Account Management, Merchandising, Brand, and Supply Chain to land and launch new partnerships.
- Build channel strategies and business plans, including a long-tail program to sell State & Liberty products to independent retailers via distributors, sales representative firms, and direct marketing.
- Create a go-to-market strategy that includes building awareness, consideration, and brand excitement among our prospective partners. Define the sales and marketing strategy that builds demand and increases our speed to sign new partnerships.
- Work very closely with the executive team and CEO to craft the value proposition, sales strategy, and negotiation strategies for new partnerships.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and sell directly to new partners. Also, be ready to scale yourself into a hands-on sales manager as we later build a sales team.
Who You Are:
- Authentic, collaborative, and driven in developing relationships.
- Able to represent our premium brand. You do what’s right for the brand, not only what’s right for maximizing sales.
- An exceptional written and verbal communicator. Able to present succinctly and persuasively to internal and external C-level officers and other decision-makers.
- Disciplined and process-driven in your approach to sales and business development.
- Highly analytical and conversant in quantitative modeling.
- Savvy in negotiation strategy, building value for both parties.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus potential
- Opportunity to be an early member at a people-centric, fast-growing startup
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Us: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com